Writing a college admission essay is nothing to sweat over despite how tough it might seem. What’s great about this essay is that it is one of the only sections of the application that allows you to showcase your personality.
So, have fun writing the essay. The essay is all about you. This is your chance to let your personality steal the show.
However, the task of writing the college application essay is one that should not be taken lightly. The essay holds a lot of weight in your application process.
The essay could sway the admission towards acceptance. Here’s why:
- It is the only section your personality shines through to impress the admissions committee.
- Grades and test scores are probably final when you are ready to write the essay; therefore, your essay can and will sway the admission committee towards acceptance if written properly.
- Letters of recommendation are meant to tell the admission committee about you; however, you have no control over what the recommender says about you. You do, however, have control over what you write in your essay. Nobody knows you, and can represent you, better than you.
- Most of the college application process is standardized with test scores, grades, letters of recommendation, and transcripts but the college application essay will give your application a personalized touch.
- The importance of writing the college admission essay is one that should not be underrated. The college admission essay is the only part and the final part of the application you have control over. This is probably why so many students stress over this portion so much.
However, if you follow the advice in College Admissions Unlocked, “How to Write an Essay for me?” writing the essay will be easier and the essay will be more polished than if you wrote the essay hap-hazardly.
There’s no need to get anxious over writing your essays. The best approach to is to just be you, and let your personality shine through. Write it essay as if you are speaking to a friend. Your personality or insight you display in your essay just might be the determining factor that leans the admission committee towards acceptance.
The admission essay is the only portion of the application you can control because you can’t control letter of recommendations or finalized grades and test scores. If you put in the time and effort, the payoff might be acceptance into the college of your choice.